From Blenko Glass - Highly in demand for over 8 decades, our iconic water bottle has been featured in many magazines, TV appearances, and throughout various online publications.
The classic 384 design was first introduced in 1938 and has been produced at our factory, by hand, almost non-stop since that very first year. At the time, the bottle's design was largely dictated by necessity...
With function before form in mind, it was made to fit into the narrow door shelves of the relatively new “electric icebox”. Today, that electric icebox is known as a refrigerator!
The water bottle’s narrow shape with two pouring spouts and center indentation made for easy handling and fit well in those early refrigerator doors.
Today, this piece of glassblowing history is commonly used as:
- A glass pitcher - to serve drinks or enjoy a cool glass of water.
- A lovely flower vase - for a dazzling display of colors.
- A decorative piece - to elevate the character of any room.
- 8” tall, 6.5” wide
- 6” tall, 5” wide (Mini)
- 100% handmade by Appalachians in West Virginia
- Crafted with processes and methods used for thousands of years